Here’s Your Chance To Tour Hiram Walker Distillery
(WINDSOR, ON) – For the first time in over 16 years, tours of the Hiram Walker and Sons distillery in Windsor will be offered to the public exclusively through WindsorEats. A partnership between Corby Spirit and Wine and WindsorEats will see the Drinks of Walkerville walking tour, named an Ontario Signature Experience since 2014, begin visiting the distillery on April 1.
Participants will be able to partake in a grain to glass experience and be part of the only opportunity to visit North America’s largest distillery.
“Being able to visit the distillery will not only provide a new and unique experience on our existing tour, but also allows the chance to showcase the great culinary tourism offerings in Windsor,” said Adriano Ciotoli, co-owner of WindsorEats. “It gives an opportunity to passionate whiskey lovers, and those who are just curious at heart, to get a hands-on look at how world class Canadian whiskey is made.”
Highlights of the Drinks of Walkerville tour will include:
- An exclusive tour of the largest distillery in North America, Hiram Walker and Sons, home to JP Wiser’s Canadian Whiskey
- A guided tasting of four Canadian whiskies inside the JP Wiser’s Brand Centre: Wiser’s Deluxe, Lot 40, Gooderham and Worts, and Pike Creek
- A special fifth tasting directly from a whisky barrel
- An engraved, commemorative Drinks of Walkerville 750ml bottle of JP Wiser’s Deluxe Whiskey
- A stroll through Hiram Walker’s historic company town, Walkerville, to learn about the history, the architecture, and the folklore associated with Whiskytown
- Sip on a flight of four craft beers at Walkerville Brewery before grabbing a 12oz beer of your choice for a tour of the facility
- Learn about the street art that adorns the Willistead Restaurant before stepping in, pulling up to the bar, and sampling a variety of craft cocktails created by the mixologist
Tickets for the tour are now available online from WindsorEats.