(WINDSOR, ON) – Artcite, Windsor’s Artist-Run Centre for the Contemporary Arts, is presenting the 2016 Summer Art Fest, running from July 29 through August 13. Local artists of all walks will be showcasing a wide variety of art including photography, print media, painting, and video art in downtown Windsor businesses.
Stop by the list of participating venues to see the installations and join in on all the additional SAF events happening throughout the festival.
- July 31 – Sketch Night @ Artcite Gallery at 109 University Avenue West, from 5:00pm until 9:00pm and live band performances by Other Families and Learning at Phog Lounge from 9:00pm until late.
- Aug 5 – Part Art Part Party; a live art battle at Five Ten Design Factory, at 510 Pelissier Avenue from 7:00pm to 2:00am.
- July 29 through Aug 6 – Battlegrounds: bodies + land, justice + law @ Artcite, an exhibition curated by Michelle Soullière and featuring works by cj fleury, of Wakefield, QC, Justseeds Artist Cooperative, Windsor’s Norman Grondin, Renée Trépanier, and Benjamin McInnis, and Maggie McGuire, from Detroit.
- Aug 6 – SAF Walking Tour, starting from Artcite, from 1:00pm to 4:00pm.
- Aug 9, 10, 12 – Save Ojibway Fundraiser including a native plant and Justseeds Artist Cooperative screen print sale at Artcite, from 1:00pm to 5:00pm.