(WINDSOR, ON) – The Art Gallery of Windsor is a non-profit charitable organization that collects interprets and presents historical, modern and contemporary visual art from Canada and different parts of the world. It is a place to view significant works of art by regional, national and international artists.
The Art Gallery of Windsor is seeking a Strategic Marketing Partner with experience in building marketing campaigns. In order to receive your information package, interested applicants should submit their intent to bid by email, no later than 12:00pm on February 22, to the attention of Jude Abu Zaineh.
The Art Gallery also has a temporary vacancy for a part-time Education and Public Programs Coordinator, required for mid- February until mid-April. The deadline for applying is February 12 at 5:00pm.
The temporary and part-time Education and Public Programs Coordinator will work approximately 15 hours per week and have a strong commitment and enthusiasm for art education and pedagogy. Eligible candidates must be available to work full-time, 35 hours between March 14 and 18.
Excellent skills in multi-tasking, organizing, communication and research are pre-requisites for this position. Reporting to the Curator of Contemporary Art, the Education and Public Program Coordinator’s responsibilities will include:
- Administration of the school programs, including booking tours and studio activities with students from schools in the Windsor- Essex region.
- Assisting with the promotion, delivery, development and booking of school tours and family programs.
- The Coordinator will be responsible for developing an understanding of the exhibitions under the guidance of the Curator, while liaising with and scheduling docents, preparing pre-tour support packages, briefing and prepping for monthly docent meetings, delivering tours and hands-on activities when necessary and fostering high level volunteer performance and participation.
- The Coordinator is also responsible for assisting, and supervision of studio programs including, Sundays in the Studio, maintaining budgets, supplies, and program registrations.
- The Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining outreach activities and community partnerships with a goal to build new audiences and volunteers in the gallery.
Candidates holding a university degree in visual arts or education, or equivalent degrees in related fields, as well as 3 to 5 years of work experience are invited to apply. The compensation is $22.37/ hr.
Send your CV and a statement of interest to Srimoyee Mitra, Curator of Contemporary Art by email by February 12 at 5:00pm.